Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Manime Podcast Ep. 2: Black Lion


This actually got me to buy the DVD (Beware, spoilers ahoy!)

After a three week hiatus, the show has returned for it's sophomore episode! This time, I've invited a guest, my friend Julian, to help review a little slice of Heaven: Go Nagai's epic masterwork Black Lion. It's sure not to disappoint, and if it does, it's free! Whaddya want out of it?

Download the episode here.

4 comments:

  1. Uncle Go as usual getting it right. Minor complaint but the sound on this episode was a bit low, had to listen to it through my speakers so I could amplify it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wanted to try something new while recording the review with the both of us using the same mic and it didn't work out, going to go back to head-sets on the next episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your friend should try reading the Devilman manga, which in my opinion is genuinely good especially for something that came out in 1972. Second thing I'd like to point out is that Go Nagai merely is the original creator of the manga Black Lion, and too often I find podcasts attributing the anime series to him. Let's not forget he's only a manga artist, not an anime director.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SantaBla:

    It turned out he was thinking of the Amon Devilman series specifically and not the manga or the TV / OAV series, just some confusion on his part. Thanks for listening!

    ReplyDelete