Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Manime Podcast Ep. 5: Detonator Orgun

After too long a hiatus, Manime has returned with a brand-spanking new podcast! This time it's a look at a three-part OVA that was forgotten for reasons which will become clear once this episode is listened to: Detonator Orgun! Intrigued? Click here to listen now!

5 comments:

  1. Hey man I really think your podcast is great!
    I am spreading the word and plan to promote your show on my next podcast aswell. Keep up the good work and I know your show will grow as powerful as the mighty Orgun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lad. Just wanted to chime in and say what a great podcast you've got and I'm looking forward to more. Detonator Orgun is a favourite of myself and the older brother having seen it on TV years ago. I would encourage you to track down the Manga UK DVD release as it has a commentary track on it from Anime Encyclopaedia writer Jonathan Clements and he goes into great detail about the comparisons between this and Eva.

    Also what's the music at the end of the show? Is it from Orgun? Been a while since I seen it so I can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeper: Yeah, the music from the end of the episode is the theme from the end credits of episode 1 of Detonator Orgun by Susumu Hirasawa.

    Thanks for digging the podcast! Just dl-ed the newest episode of your show and I'm excited to dig in and listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus, sorry for not getting back to you sooner, Zach! Garaga sounds like a hoot and I'll try and check it out soon. Our latest show is going to record soon and we were wondering do you have a promo we can play for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, promo's available. Check out my tweets or the newest entry on the blog! Thanks for the ad space on your show!

    ReplyDelete